mtu Kinetic PowerPack protects the load
mtu Kinetic PowerPack provides energy as secondary power source, without interruption
When the transition from conditioning mode to independent mode occurs, the frequency is maintained within a narrow tolerance, the accu’s speed decreases, and then the diesel engine starts to provide power the load.
In the event of a diesel engine start-up failure, the electromechanical clutch will close shortly after opening QD1, and the kinetic energy of the accu will start the diesel engine. It gives the system a redundant possibility, a second guarantee to start the engine.
- The mtu Kinetic PowerPack‚ synchronizes with the
- The outer rotor is re-accelerated to its rated speed.
- When the rated kinetic energy is stored, QD1 closes.
- The electromagnetic clutch opens.
- The diesel engine runs at idle speed for cooling and then stops eventually.
- The system secures the critical load against an un limited number of repeated mains failures.